ACMGAS301A Maintain and Monitor Animal Health of Companion Animals
This unit of competency covers the process of monitoring the general health and wellbeing of companion animals, including young animals and those with special needs. Special needs may include aged, sick or injured animals. In addition to legal and ethical responsibilities, all units of competency in the Animal Care and Management Training Package have the requirement for animals to be handled gently and calmly. The individual is required to develop an empathetic understanding of animals in their care, so that stress and discomfort can be minimised.
The work functions within this unit require the demonstration of relevant theoretical knowledge and the application of a range of well-developed skills. One would be expected to apply known solutions to a variety of predictable problems and take responsibility for one's own outputs and have limited responsibility for the output of others.
Reporting of assessment outcomes
Your result will be recorded and reported to you as Competent or Not yet Competent. On successful completion you will receive a Statement of Attainment
Requirements to successfully complete this unit of competency
- You need to complete the Workbook Worth 40%
- You need to complete the Health Maintenance Report Worth 20%
- You need to complete the Interview Worth 20%
- You need to complete Health Record Assessment - Worth 20%
What you will need
- Access to the internet, a plan which will allow you to download to view video material
- Headphones, microphone and webcam to participate in online interview
- Regular access to a range of animals and equipment used to undertake examinations
Additional details for local assessment arrangements
You can collect evidence within your workplace that you have demonstrated the skills and outcomes required for this unit of competence.
Nominal Hours: 60
Suggested Study Plan: 5 hours per week for 12 weeks
Course Fee (includes unit enrolment fee)
USA, Canada, Europe, UK US $547.00
NZ, Malaysia, HK, Singapore, Rest of World AUS $547.00