Please read the Enrolment Terms and Conditions carefully before enrolling into your chosen course. These are also included in your Application and Enrolment Form.
In order to enrol, return your Application and Enrolment Form to the College of Integrative Veterinary Therapies.
ENROLMENT TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. New Students: To reserve your place in a course fees must be paid in full on enrolment together with $95 Enrolment fee. Late enrolments are accepted in some circumstances, where places are available.
3. In common with other educational institutions, fees are non-refundable and non transferable unless a course or module or unit of study or seminar or workshop is cancelled by the College of Integrative Veterinary Therapies, in this instance a full refund is provided including Enrolment Fee.
4. Refunds for Cancellation/Withdrawal : Refunds can be granted for course fees paid, less a $50 administration fee per module (note that some courses have more than one module), provided advice of withdrawal is received in writing 14 days prior to the commencement date of the unit, module or course (note, once you have logged into your on line classroom, your course is deemed to have commenced) OR 2 weeks prior for face to face seminars or workshops.
Please advise the reason for withdrawal on the Request for Refund form with supporting documentation. Choose your courses carefully as unfortunately we cannot accept responsibility for changes in your personal circumstances or work commitments which occur after the commencement of your course. Any course fees outstanding are still due and payable.
5. Transfers: A transfer is defined as either a change from one course to another within the same term or changing study options within the same module. No fee applies to transfers.
6. A 5% late surcharge penalty is applied to any outstanding balances at the start of your course
7. Deferrals or Absence of Leave: Students wishing to defer their studies (you will not be able to access your studies) need to complete a Leave of Absence Form. Deferment only applies to ongoing modules within a program (e.g. if a student has completed one or two modules in an ongoing course and cannot complete the course or year). Deferral will be granted for a period of 6 months in most instances.. A deferral fee of $50.00 is payable upon approval of the deferral/ leave of absence application.
8. Extensions: Students have one (1) term to complete a Unit or Module via on line or distance learning format. Students who fail to submit their assessments or sit their exam in the specified time will receive a "did not complete" on their academic record.
Special Circumstances: Students are eligible to apply for an extension (and still be able to access their studies) to be granted an additional one (1) term of study upon written application if you become seriously ill, are a victim of a crime, suffer hardship or trauma. Supporting documentation must accompany the written application. An extension fee of $50.00 is payable per module upon approval of extension application. For longer courses, that should have been completed within a given time frame, extensions are available for a further year with a fee of $300.00.
9. To assist your budget, fees are charged on a per course basis, unit basis or module basis. We do have flexible payment plans for some courses and programs (see your chosen course for details of fees). Note that for courses or programs where payments are made per module or unit, no Certificates or Statements of Attainment will be supplied until all units or modules have been completed and fees paid.
10. The College reserves the right to vary course structure, teaching staff, adjust fees or class schedules at any time. It is at the College's discretion to discontinue offering a course, module or unit of study as deemed necessary.
11.. The College reserves the right to cancel a course, or refuse any enrolment as permitted by law.
12. The College of Integrated Veterinary Therapies is legally obliged to comply with the Australian Quality Training Framework, therefore the maximum periods for course completion as outlined in the Course Completion Policy & Procedure are an indication only, and may be subject to change.
13. By enrolling in a unit, module, course or program at the College, students agree to be bound by the Enrolment Terms and Conditions and College Policies which can be downloaded from www.civtedu.org.
14. Grievance Procedure: The College of Integrative Veterinary Therapies has a comprehensive academic and non academic grievance procedure. For full details go to www.civtedu.org.
You may wish to view the student handbook for further information and to access information on Study selection, Support Services, Your rights and responsibilities in our Student Handbook.